Reyes Vera joined Trellis earlier this Winter as the Education Director of the Trellis School. We recently sat down to ask him three questions to get to know him a little better. Read his bio on our Leadership Page and read below for the answers to our questions.
Q. What attracted you to Trellis?
Trellis has always been known for having high quality educational and clinical programs. As a BCBA and special educator, being part of a school that utilizes the principles of ABA and Verbal Behavior was very appealing to me. I am very excited to be a member of the Trellis team.
Q. What’s your vision for your role as Education Director?
Trellis is a well-established program. I want to contribute to the program to build on what is already in place. I see myself promoting professional growth within Trellis and providing families support to further the generalization of skills from school to home and community.
Q. What are 5 things you want parents to know about Trellis?
- The students are always engaged! The Trellis team is amazing at creating instructional opportunities throughout the school day.
- The Trellis team sets high realistic expectations for their students.
- The Trellis team is passionate about their work with the students.
- The Trellis team is dedicated to professional growth. We have multiple staff enrolling in programs to gain their BCBA certification.
- The instructors, teachers, related services, administration, and families all work together to achieve a common goal…student success!