Meet Dr. Tiffany Garner
Our licensed psychologist provides comprehensive diagnostic evaluations for children suspected of having autism spectrum disorder (ASD). We specialize in the assessment and diagnosis of ASD as well as the administration of several standardized assessment measures including the Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Second Edition (ADOS-2), which is the gold standard for ASD diagnosis.
These assessments evaluate thinking, learning, and behavior and provide valuable insights into your child’s behaviors, skills and thought processes. This is the first step in understanding how your child perceives and understands his or her environment and helps us determine areas of strength and identify skills that should be targeted for intervention.
Benefits of a diagnostic evaluation:
• Obtaining a clear understanding of your child’s cognitive, psychological, developmental, and emotional functioning including an assessment of his or her strengths:
• Developing an individualized treatment plan for unique or complex symptoms
• Ensuring effective treatment through time-sensitive referrals to appropriate services
• Measuring progress over time
• Providing information with consent to school districts, insurance companies, regional centers, or other professionals to help facilitate services